1. Debutantes: When Glamour was Born by Diana Oswald
I love debutantes and debutante balls. Paired together with my love for fashion, this book is a dream come true!
2. Gilded New York: Design, Fashion, and Society by Phyllis Magidson
I've had the opportunity to flip through this book, and it was very difficult to leave the bookstore without taking it home with me! The detail in the photos as well as the clothes themselves are amazing, and the fact that the backdrop of the book is New York City only makes it better.
3.Preppy: Cultivating Ivy Style by Jeffrey Banks
How can you possibly go wrong with this book? It is filled with a history of preppy clothing, from Lilly Pulitzer to J. Press. It also focuses on the presence of preppy clothing on Ivy League campuses.
4. Hollywood Dogs: Pictures from the John Kobal Foundation by Robert Dance
A great collection of photos taken during the Golden Age of Hollywood. Many of my favorite classic film stars are featured such as Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn.
5. Essentially Lilly: A Guide to Colorful Holidays by Jay Mulvaney/Lilly Pulitzer
One of my favorite coffee table books is Essentially Lilly: A Guide to Colorful Entertaining, and I was excited to learn there is another book in the series. Lilly was known for her superb hostess skills this book is filled with great tips for your parties as well as inspiration from Lilly's own parties.
6. Kate Spade New York: Things We Love: Twenty Years of Inspiration, Intriguing Bits and Other Curiosities by Deborah Lloyd/Kate Spade New York
I absolutely love Kate Spade's products. Have you ever wondered where they get the inspiration for a some of their products like this bag or these pom poms? In this book, you get a behind the scenes look at what inspires the brand to make their fabulous goods.
7. New York Sweets: A Sugarhound's Guide to the Best Bakeries, Ice Cream Parlors, Candy Shops, and Other Emporia of Delicious Delights by Susan Meisel
This book is a reference of where to find the best sweets in New York City - from macarons to gelato!
8. Grace Kelly Style by Kristina Haugland, Jenny Lister, & Samantha Erin Safer
I have a fascination with Grace Kelly, in my opinion she is one of the most elegant women to appear in film and the fact that she is a princess only deepens my fascination. I also love the clothing from the time period she maintained a high-profile status, so this book is definitely on my must-read list.
9. New York: A Mod Portrait of the City by Zdenek Mahler/Vladimir Fuka
The illustrations in this book look amazing, and it reminds me of one of my other all-time favorites, This Is New York.
10. The Royal Family: A Year By Year Chronicle of the House of Windsor by Parragon Books
I'm fascinated by anything pertaining to the Royal Family. Kate Middleton is one of my idols, and anytime I see a picture of her and William and George it instantly cheers me up.
Have you read any of the books on my list? Are there any other recommendations that I should include? Let me know!